Senior Research Associate
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Research Associate to join our Biological Modeling team within the Biorepository. Our CAP accredited Biorepository develops complex, microenvironment-rich human tumor models for use in a range of studies with our academic and pharmaceutical partners to develop next generation cancer therapies. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of cell biology and experience with sterile tissue culture and molecular techniques. Work with mouse and human primary cells and training in oncology is preferable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining and archiving tumor organoid cultures, as well as working with multidisciplinary teams supporting functional assays.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle human tumor specimens to generate organoids in a BSL2 environment
- Perform routine cell culture procedures and molecular testing
- Generate detailed SOPs and documentation of experimental execution
- Assist in troubleshooting and quality control initiatives
- Assist with development of automated processes
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to existing processes
- BS or MS degree in Cellular or Molecular Biology, Immuno Oncology or related field
- BS with 4+ years of experience in a tissue culture facility or molecular biology laboratory
- MS with 2+ years of primary tissue culture experience in an industry setting
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage priorities, and maintain timelines for assigned activities.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Chance to make a real impact on the healthcare industry
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.