Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
About our teams:
At Tempus, products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
As a Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you will be critical in securing Tempus’ cloud environments. The position is responsible for developing and executing workflows for our Information Security organization to illustrate how cutting-edge technologies can be leveraged to enhance Tempus’ cloud security posture.
- Respond to Cloud Security Incidents and conduct investigations
- Threat Modeling of cloud services & application patterns
- Create scripts to achieve a high level of automation
- Deploy infrastructure as code in cloud environments (Terraform)
- Conduct performance testing and proof of concepts and provide well-written feedback
- Configure and create custom monitoring & alerting functions in the cloud
- Collaborate with Leadership in developing policies and standards for Containerization, Infrastructure as Code, Cloud configurations, Cloud Network Security, and Compute workloads
- Security Risk Assessments (Cloud Services & Patterns)
- 7+ Years of overall IT Experience with a major emphasis on Information Security
- 5+ Years of experience building and integrating systems within cloud providers
- Strong scripting and/or programming skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in using APIs with automation to complete tasks
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with threat modeling
- Knowledge of web proxies, firewalls, and other packet-filtering security technologies & devices
- Understanding of containerization technologies
- Log analysis software and techniques (Splunk)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of cyber security frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, CIS Controls, PCI DSS)
Bonus points for:
- CISSP or CCSP certifications
- Experience with Incident Response
- AWS/GCP/Azure certifications
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.