Senior Bioinformatics Scientist, Solid Tumor RNA Oncology
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a highly motivated and capable senior bioinformatics scientist with experience and interest in translational cancer research and genomics algorithm optimization and validation. This position requires experience with scientific programming, relational data systems, algorithms development, data modeling, and statistical modeling. Top candidates will also have leadership experience in NGS pipeline development in a clinical setting.
- Design and conduct analysis to improve variant calling, classification and analysis systems.
- Translate insight from model systems into predictors and classifiers of therapeutic response and prognosis in clinical cancer care.
- Lead collaborations with scientists, and clinicians to design and perform analyses on cancer clinical sequencing data in order to improve quality of care.
- Lead an interdisciplinary group of scientists and engineers to translate research into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Develop algorithms used to gain insight into cancer variation through analysis of next generation sequencing data
- Communicate with outside scientific teams as well as product and bioinformatics leadership
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Provide thought leadership and technical expertise for analytical and clinical validation experiments and reports
- Plan, review and guide team members' contributions toward best practices and organizational goals.
- Must have completed a Ph.D. in Cancer Biology or Molecular Biology related to cancer.
- At least 5 years of post-doc experience
- Computational skills using Python and/or R.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Expertise in cancer genetics, immunology, or molecular biology
- Experience working with next-generation sequencing data
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated programming ability
- Background in predictive or prognostic algorithm development
- Strong background in the development of statistical models
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.