Quality Control Technologist
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics? With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Quality Control Technologist who will be responsible for maintaining equipment and reagent compliance for our clinical molecular lab.
What You’ll Do:
- Work within a cutting-edge genomics workflow to provide quality control support in a high-volume clinical molecular laboratory.
- Help create and implement new equipment functionality for use by Tempus R&D and clinical lab staff while maintaining CLIA/CAP/NYS-DOH/ISO compliance.
- Complete Performance Qualifications (PQs), Preventive Maintenance (PM), relocation, and routine maintenance for all clinically approved molecular laboratory equipment.
- Phase in reagents for clinical lab team processing and label reagents approved for use.
- Maintain reagent qualification records and manage quality control of reagent inventory.
- Collect and help analyze QC metrics.
- Investigate equipment related issues and help facilitate and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Interact with lab management and testing personnel to provide equipment training, troubleshoot equipment issues, and prioritize QC tasks.
- Report significant equipment findings/deviations and system deficiencies to lab management, as appropriate.
- Participate in lab audits with QA/Pharma/regulatory bodies as needed.
- Update SOPs and equipment records within the document control system, including creation/ revision/ review of internal SOPs and other quality documentation.
- Create and review equipment protocols and qualification summaries.
- Monitor and respond to laboratory temperature excursions.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science.
- Prefer at least 1 year of previous experience in a molecular lab or with laboratory liquid handlers.
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Excel and/ or Google Sheets.
- Previous experience in a clinical lab regulated by CAP/ CLIA/ NYS, highly desirable.
- Good time management skills.
- Able to lift 40lbs occasionally, highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.