Program Strategy Leader, MRD Portfolio Products
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Tempus is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to advancing precision medicine through the development and commercialization of innovative diagnostic products. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Scientific Strategy Leader to join our dynamic team and drive the development and commercialization of our portfolio of products for measuring Minimal Residual Disease (MRD) in Oncology. This position offers an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in the field of oncology and contribute to improving patient outcomes.
- Develop and execute the scientific program strategy for the MRD product portfolio, aligning it with the company's overall business objectives and market needs. This includes:
- The scientific and technical oversight of our internal Tempus developed assays (known as xM- a tumor naive approach)
- Evaluating external partnerships and M&A opportunities that may complement the Tempus approach and broaden our suite of MRD products and technologies.
- Given that this is a rapidly emerging field, this position will ensure that Tempus is thinking strategically about the latest science and technology in the space to make important contributions and partnership decisions.
- Lead a cross-functional team of scientists and researchers to drive the successful R&D and then clinical launch of MRD measurement products.
- Give scientific input and guidance to our R&D and cross-functional teams- including bioinformatics, molecular assay development, scientific communication (for patents and publications), medical, clinical development, statistics, translational research, computational biology, data science, ML science, etc.
- Stay abreast of the latest advancements and trends in MRD detection technologies, molecular diagnostics, and oncology research to inform product strategy and ensure the portfolio remains at the forefront of innovation.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including R&D, clinical development, regulatory affairs, marketing, and sales, to ensure effective product R&D, and appropriate positioning, and launch.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key opinion leaders, academic institutions, and external partners to drive collaborations, access to clinical samples, and data sharing.
- Provide scientific expertise and support to the commercial team, including delivering scientific presentations, participating in customer meetings, and addressing technical inquiries.
- Analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and customer insights to identify new product opportunities and drive product differentiation.
- Work closely with the regulatory affairs team to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards in product development, clinical studies, and commercialization efforts.
- Drive the publication of scientific data, abstracts, and presentations at relevant conferences and scientific forums to enhance the visibility and credibility of the MRD product portfolio.
- Foster a culture of scientific excellence, collaboration, and innovation within the team and across the organization.
- PhD or MD in a relevant scientific field, such as molecular biology, genetics, oncology, or a related discipline.
- Proven experience in the field of MRD measurement or molecular diagnostics, with a deep understanding of the underlying technologies, methodologies, and clinical applications.
- Strong track record of scientific leadership, including successful development and commercialization of diagnostic products in the field of oncology or hematology.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and drive projects from conception to launch.
- Strong business acumen and strategic mindset, with the ability to translate scientific insights into actionable product strategies.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex scientific concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders, academic institutions, and external partners.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and experience in navigating the regulatory landscape for diagnostic products is preferred.
- Proactive, innovative, and adaptable mindset, with a passion for driving scientific advancements and improving patient outcomes.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.