Molecular Technologist I-IV
Are you passionate about using technology to improve the lives of patients?
Are you passionate about building a laboratory that changes the way diseases are detected and treated over the coming decade?
With the advent of molecular testing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how molecular data is used in clinical settings.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a cutting-edge clinical laboratory to provide high-quality molecular test data with rapid turnaround times.
- Perform complex molecular-based procedures with a high degree of quality and in accordance with established protocols.
- Able to identify deviations from established SOPS and apply routine fixes for known and common issues with standard solutions under direct supervision.
- Perform molecular techniques, which might include quantitative PCR, next-generation sequencing, nucleic acid extraction, DNA/RNA quantification and qualification or genotyping.
- Perform quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
- Sterilizing laboratory equipment and workspaces as assigned.
- Entering clinical patient data into the Laboratory Information Management system.
- Maintain competency to perform all assigned molecular biology protocols in accordance with CAP, CLIA, NYSDOH regulations.
- One of the following preferred educational requirements:
- MS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and at least 0-2 years pertinent clinical laboratory experience with molecular biology
- BS in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science and at least 0-2 years of pertinent clinical lab experience in molecular biology
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience with next-generation sequencing
- Work in a CLIA/CAP high-complexity laboratory
- Experience with robotics and automated liquid handling systems
- Knowledge of LIMS platforms and various computer systems
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.