Medical Director of Oncology Assay Development
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before, but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. Here at Tempus, we believe that the treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the detection of unique biomarkers. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What you’ll do
- Provide medical guidance on new assay development, new feature development, and continuous assay improvement
- Represent medical oncology stakeholder for assay development and improvement decisions
- Provide strategic input for assay development and improvement and troubleshoot with assay development staff
- Assist with regulatory and quality guidance for experimental and validation study design
- Closely interact with clinical laboratory directors to direct assay transfer plans
- Interact with vice president of clinical pathology, chief science officer, and other stakeholders
- Participate in quarterly roadmap planning for R&D resources as it pertains to assay development and improvement
- Minimal or no participation in routine NGS clinical signout with expectations of maintaining medical license and accreditation
- MD or DO with current medical license (IL licensure preferred, required for signout)
- Board certified/eligible in Molecular Genetic Pathology (preferred)
- American Board of Pathology Certification in Anatomic and/or Clinical Pathology
- Extensive experience with next generation sequencing (NGS) assay development and continuous improvements
- Knowledge and/or experience in oncology, cancer immunotherapy, medical immunology, or clinical research
- Experience working in and building assays for a regulated clinical laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH/QSR)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Dynamic self-starter that works well with others in a fast paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.