Medical Director, Informatics
Passionate about clinical informatics solutions to solve precision medicine problems in healthcare?
Computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With recent advancements in clinical informatics, like EHR clinical decision support and data transmission capabilities, the landscape has fundamentally changed. Tempus is a healthcare company at the forefront of that change.
Tempus is an industry leader in connecting entire ecosystems of clinical insights and real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers clinicians to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to rapidly structure, organize and deploy data to clinicians from high quality sources to power patient care and new discoveries. And now we are looking for a Director, Medical Informatics to join our rapidly growing Connectivity teams. The role is responsible for acting as the medical lead to further enabling Tempus’ partnerships with healthcare practices, to support them in advancing their precision medicine programs using Tempus products. We are looking for a physician with a proven track record as an agent of change in challenging environments and in fostering a confident and capable workforce.
- Provides leadership and presents medical/scientific capabilities to clients as a participant of EHR deployments
- Partners with Commercial Connectivity to develop new and enhance existing client relationships where possible
- Leverage known and builds new relationships with clinicians/healthcare systems to to support optimal use of Tempus solutions
- Use knowledge and understanding of EHR space to create new connectivity solutions and opportunities for Tempus services
- Serves as point of contact across Tempus to help inform and create solutions for deployment of new Tempus services
- Able to present or serve on panels to represent the company at conferences and scientific meetings.
- Provides guidance to members of the larger Tempus team like Tempus Precision Medicine Program Directors and key sales team members
- Supports and participates in the recruitment process for department positions
- Provides subject matter expertise in regard to multiple specific therapeutic sub-specialties and interacts with inter-departmental and external consultants as appropriate
- Participates in training opportunities to advance knowledge of new clinical informatics standards and good clinical practice guidelines
- Participates in feasibility and risk assessments discussions relating to specific project proposals
- MD degree preferred with clinical experience
- 2+ years of informatics experience and knowledge of EHR capabilities. Could be in healthcare systems, hospitals or bio/pharmaceutical
- Previous experience advising teams that deliver products or services to life sciences organizations
At least 1 year of broad-based clinical experience
- Knowledge EHR capabilities, Epic training a plus
- Familiarity with genomic testing and standards a plus
- Familiarity with data transmission standards a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.