Lab Operations Analyst I
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking to build a laboratory operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. You will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced sequencing platform in cancer care.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for managing samples in the laboratory information management system (LIMS) and ensuring quick and efficient specimen processing
- Develop a firm understanding of internal lab processes and databases
- Communicate directly with various members of departments to provide clarity on specimen status, delays, and expected completion dates
- Respond to inquiries by email and in person quickly and professionally
- Responsible for tracking and managing progress on laboratory projects
- Participate in monitoring audits of sample status and prevention of delays
- Monitor high priority orders to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
- 4 year college degree in Biological Sciences or similar is preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Show initiative and ability to work as part of a high-level team while working independently
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.