Data Modeler / Data Warehouse Architect
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We now have more healthcare data than ever before, but providers often do not have the systems or expertise to make sense of all of this valuable data. At Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize and enhance cancer treatment. We are on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how data is used to improve patient outcomes. The Clinical Informatics team is seeking a highly-motivated clinical informatics analyst who enjoys working with complex datasets and developing models to improve how data from our pipelines is structured and normalized.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including medical oncologists, research scientists, and engineers to develop and maintain clinical data models.
- Create and execute validation plans in conjunction with SMEs for new models and disease types.
- Translate customer needs and product requests into key concept definitions and business logic for complex models.
- Facilitate integration of data model into workflows, applications, and data deliveries.
- Structure and normalize data from a variety of sources, including Tempus curated data, EHR integrations, and lab systems.
- Develop and maintain knowledge bases for clinical concepts.
- Proactively monitor and support quality assurance and process improvement initiatives.
- Advanced degree in medical informatics or related discipline or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of oncology informatics experience.
- Experience working with standard medical terminologies (e.g., SNOMED CT, RxNorm, LOINC, ICD-9/10).
- Experience working with real world data from various sources (e.g., curation workflows, EHRs, lab systems, claims, research datasets).
- Clinical background (MD/DO, PharmD, PA, NP, RN, etc.) preferred.
- Familiarity with next-generation sequencing data.
- Experience manipulating or analyzing data in Python or R.
- Familiarity with semantic web technologies (RDF, OWL, SPARQL) and vocabulary management software (e.g., TopQuadrant, Protege).
- Participation in informatics organizations (e.g., OHDSI, AMIA).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.