Bioinformatics Scientist, Solid Tumor Oncology
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable bioinformatics scientist with experience and interest in translational cancer research and clinical genomics. This position requires experience with scientific programming, relational data systems, algorithms development, and statistical modeling. Top candidates will also have experience deploying bioinformatics code within a clinical setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and optimize algorithms used to gain insight into cancer variation through analysis of next generation sequencing data
- Design and conduct analysis to evaluate improvements in variant calling, classification, data modeling, and analysis systems.
- Translate insight from model systems into predictors and classifiers of therapeutic response and prognosis in clinical cancer care.
- Collaborate with scientists and clinicians to design and perform analyses on cancer clinical sequencing data in order to improve quality of care.
- Work in interdisciplinary groups of scientists, engineers, and product developers to translate research into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- A completed Ph.D. in Cancer Biology or Molecular Biology related to cancer.
- Computational skills using R, Bioconductor, and/or Python.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in cancer genetics, immunology, or molecular biology
- Experience working with next-generation sequencing data
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Background in predictive or prognostic algorithm development
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.