Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable bioinformatics software engineer focused towards software and algorithm development. This position requires experience with scientific programming, relational data systems, and algorithms development. Top candidates will also have experience deploying bioinformatics code within a clinical setting and extensive experience with genomics data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop software and tools to improve variant calling, classification, and analysis.
- Design, develop, and maintain software to facilitate high-quality scientific analyses within a clinical production environment.
- Develop software to enable scientists and engineers to access, analyze, and visualize bioinformatics data in a robust and efficient manner.
- Ensure high-quality analysis through on-going testing and verification of clinical pipelines and software.
- Develop tools to streamline creation and usage of reference data across all teams and applications.
- Collaborate with scientists and clinicians to design and perform analyses on clinical sequencing data in order to improve quality of care.
- Work in interdisciplinary groups of scientists, engineers, and product developers to translate research into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Must have one of the following:
- 2+ years experience in bioinformatics analysis or software engineering
- An advanced degree in a scientific or computationally related field.
- Computational skills using Python3
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience with software testing
- Critical thinking and creativity to approach solutions
- Experience in cancer genetics, immunology, or molecular biology
- Experience working with next-generation sequencing data
- Experience with cloud-based systems such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with container solutions such as Docker
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience interfacing with both scientific and engineering teams
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.