Laboratory Operations Manager
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking to build a laboratory operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques for processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. You will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced sequencing platform in cancer care.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate the operational improvement activities of a cutting-edge clinical laboratory to support a molecular workflow with rapid turnaround times.
- Deliver regular updates to summarize laboratory performance, turnaround times, instrument downtime, productivity, and other performance metrics
- Participate in assessing laboratory activity and improving workflows
- Provide solutions to highly complex problems and apply a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation
- Increase the efficiency of existing processes and procedures to enhance the company’s internal capacity
- Manage data collection for the updating of metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve proprietary tools and systems
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in operations management, business administration, or related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to delegate tasks to others
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
- Impeccable attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.