IT Support Specialist
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Are you passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern full-stack tech stack - React and NodeJS on AWS - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
As a Helpdesk technician, you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by providing secure and private cancer care technology methodologies for our clients and their patients
What You'll Do:
- Support the business and stakeholders with a number of information technology initiatives, including but not limited to the following:
- Addressing and mitigating technology related issues for employees, i.e. desktop support
- Maintaining computer systems, hardware, printers, and computer peripherals, including inventory tracking
- User account administration including on and off-boarding of employees
- Evaluating and testing new technologies
- Working with software and hardware vendors
- Supporting and reporting to the IT Operations Manager with a number of business critical initiatives
- Supporting executives with IT related issues
- Maintaining AV and conference room technologies (TVs, Apple TV, Mac Mini, Crestron, VOIP)
- Phone and remote support for Tempus clients
- Work in Tempus’ ticketing system to communicate, track and remediate actions taken, and create Wikis or How-To guides for employees
What we’re looking for:
- Experience Installing and troubleshooting issues with software, including MS Office, Windows Server and SaaS products (Google Suite, Dropbox, etc)
- Familiar with SaaS ticketing systems (Zendesk, ServiceNow, etc)
- Installing and supporting security products like endpoint and anti-virus/malware protection
- Basic network and VOIP phone system troubleshooting
- Administering identity management products (MS Active Directory, Okta, Google Admin, etc)
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, including writing reports, business correspondence, user instructions, and procedures
- Proficiency supporting both Mac OS-X and Microsoft Windows
- Experienced with supporting remote, on-site and hybrid users
- Ability to work in fast paced, agile environments, including off-hours support
- Minimum of 2 years in a IT related field and/or relevant customer service role
- Scripting language experience (Powershell, Macros, Python, Powershell, C++, Java, etc.)
- General familiarity with Microsoft SCCM
- General familiarity with Mobile Device Management (MDM) applications
- Google Suite Admin experience
- Previous experience coordinating with DevOps and/or information security teams
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector
- Professional certifications such as ITIL Foundations or Comptia A +.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.