Operations Coordinator, Pathology
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Senior Operations Coordinator, Pathology who will be responsible for day-to-day administrative and operational coordination of our Clinical Pathology team.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with the internal operations of the Pathology department to lend operational and administrative support to the internal infrastructure.
- Effectively manage capacity and scheduling for Clinical Pathology teams to ensure consistent coverage of multiple testing pipeline functions.
- Establish and maintain structured communication flows that ensure streamlined, consistent handling of various critical inquiries.
- Work with cross-functional teams (e.g., Product/Engineering, Preanalytical and NGS Lab Operations, Pathology, Medical Affairs, Testing Operations, Clinical Science, Customer Success, Quality, R&D) to support and guide robust end-to-end testing workflows.
- Cultivate effective relationships to build a high level of trust across internal teams.
- Use proactive problem-solving and critical-thinking strategies to create and offer solutions to operational and administrative challenges of varying complexity.
- Continually analyze business functions and processes to help identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support the management of internal project work and coordinate across workflows.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 4 year college degree in Business Administration, Communications, Computer Science, Biological Sciences or similar, preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with various internal teams via email, Slack, and live conversation
- Ability to think fast, find answers, and respond quickly to operational problems
- Very highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy and autonomy
- Show initiative and ability to work as part of a high-level team while working independently on mission-critical tasks
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
- General office equipment and software knowledge and computer proficiency
- Tech-savvy and comfortable learning and integrating new forms of technology
- Detailed understanding of entire MS Office Suite and G-Suite applications
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- Project management experience
- Experience working directly with Pathologists or other licensed medical professionals
- Experience with homegrown software
- Comfortable working within an environment with a high degree of ambiguity
- Excellent understanding of database principles, structures, theories and practices (e.g., Python, SQL, Looker)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?