Engineer - Laboratory Automation
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Laboratory Automation Engineer, who will be a part of a team responsible for the innovation, development, validation and implementation of new methodologies aimed at making our processes more robust and efficient.
What You’ll Do:
- Function in a small, autonomous team collaborating on and implementing new processes and improvements to existing processes.
- Develop protocols with liquid handlers and other lab automation equipment.
- Support existing systems while preparing them for integration and integrating into comprehensive SQL databases.
- Perform experimentation to test and validate new methodologies
- Investigate non-conformances through RCA and DMAIC, perform/recommend corrective and preventive actions
- Ensure successful technology transfer via process engineering input through the design process for requirements and IQ/OQ/PQ testing
- Actively seek and evaluate vendor qualifications through collaborations on project opportunities
- Communicate clearly with laboratory staff and become familiar with protocols in order to fully understand the needs of the procedures
- Identify areas that are error-prone and research innovative approaches for practical prevention
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Automation, Biology or a related discipline, Master’s is a plus
- Minimum 3 years experience in an automation engineering, lab engineering or other physical automation adjacent role
- Experience developing methods on liquid handling equipment, Tecan experience in particular is a plus
- Applicants should be organized, detailed and autonomous
- Applicants should have an interest in developing a broad range of technical skills and a willingness to engage in many varied projects
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?