Senior Bioinformatics Data Scientist, Liquid Biopsy
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time for our expanding liquid biopsy portfolio (including diagnostics, therapy selection, molecular residual disease testing and therapeutic response monitoring).
We are looking for a highly motivated and capable bioinformatics data scientist with extensive experience and interest in translational cancer research and genomics algorithm development. This position requires experience with scientific programming, relational data systems, algorithms development, and statistical modeling. Top candidates will also have leadership experience in NGS pipeline development in a clinical setting.
- Develop novel algorithms using genetic and epigenetic NGS data to detect highly sensitive used to gain insight into cancer variation through analysis of NGS.
- Design and conduct analyses to improve methylation and variant calling, artifact filtering, quality control systems, variant classification and biomarker discovery.
- Design and execute experiments to support various regulatory submissions.
- Translate insight from model systems into predictors and classifiers of therapeutic response and prognosis in clinical cancer care.
- Collaborate with scientists, and clinicians to design and perform analyses on cancer clinical sequencing data in order to improve quality of care.
- Lead an interdisciplinary group of scientists and engineers to translate research into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Communicate with outside scientific teams as well as product and bioinformatics leadership.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Must have completed a Ph.D. in Cancer Biology or Molecular Biology related to cancer.
- At least 5 years of postdoc or industry experience.
- Computational skills using Python and/or R.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in cancer genetics, immunology, and/or molecular biology.
- Experience working with Next-Generation Sequencing Data.
- Experience building NGS pipelines in a clinical setting.
- Expertise in statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience leading project teams of scientists and/or software engineers.
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience.
- Strong demonstrated programming ability.
- Strong background in predictive or prognostic algorithm development.
- Strong background in the development of statistical models.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?