Senior Product Manager, Data Health
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
As a Senior Product Manager for Data Health at Tempus, you’ll be at the center of improving the data used by internal and external customers to improve patient care. In particular, the product leader for Data Health will be responsible broadly for the quality and utility of our data assets. These data are used both internally for development of models and diagnostics, and externally by Life Sciences partners and others. In this role, you will be a critical leader in developing one of the most novel and useful data assets in the AI and precision medicine space today.
You will develop a central data health and governance strategy focused on data quality transparency, accountability/correction/prevention of data errors, and lead cross functional initiatives to ensure that we not only have the largest collection of data, but the best.
The strategy you build will yield measurable improvements to the work being done by our data customers. And, it will inform the roadmap for infrastructure and documentation developed by our Real World Data team such that producers and consumers can more easily create, maintain, and analyze data. You’ll also partner with engineering leaders on inputs that inform the infrastructure and standards that will allow for automated monitoring and lead to continuous improvement of data quality.
What You'll Do:
- Immerse yourself in the tough problems we’re solving and partner with scientists, engineers, and designers to develop elegant software solutions to solve those problems
- Broadly lead our Data Health programs, owning everything from the end-to-end data quality improvement strategy to the roadmap for addressing quality issues.
- Turn Voice of Customer feedback from our data customers into a high-impact strategy and plan for data quality improvement.
- Conduct deep product analysis and use the data to guide the short- and long-term roadmap for the Data Health engineering team.
- Own stakeholder communication and expectation management around roadmap and delivery timelines for your products, in particular to senior Clinical and Research data stakeholders.
- 5+ years of technical experience in product management or in building software in the tech or biotech industry
- Exceptional ability to build and drive product strategy cross-functionally, across teams whose roadmaps you manage directly and those you don’t
- A history of building and using product analytics to drive decisions
- Experience with software development and project management tools (JIRA, Trello, etc.)
- Ability and interest to quickly ramp up on new concepts in the fields of genomics, oncology, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to act as translator among diverse teams of biologists, medical professionals, engineers, operators, and data scientists.
- Experience in complex data systems, data de-identification, data modeling, healthcare informatics and/or AI-driven data enrichment
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.