Head of R&D Laboratory Operations
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Head of R&D Lab Operations will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of research and development Tempus laboratories, and connecting molecular assay research and development to the clinical lab manufacturing and production labs. This will include strong cross-functional alignment and connection through process and execution of operational plans. The leader will oversee the transfer of R&D assays to the clinical labs, and will coordinate and run triage processes and continuous improvement processes. This person will also oversee the team responsible for ordering/maintaining of lab equipment and supplies and ensure compliance with safety and regulatory guidelines.
The Head of R&D Lab Operations will help develop a strong R&D lab analytics program- helping to develop key metrics for assessing lab efficiencies and developing methods/dashboards for monitoring these to enable effective lab operations.
- Work with R&D leaders for lab staff hiring, training, scheduling
- Oversee the maintenance of lab equipment–ensure proper functioning and calibration
- Work with R&D leaders to coordinate and prioritize laboratory research projects, including allocation of resources and personnel, equipment, and supplies
- Ensure compliance with safety and regulatory guidelines, such as OSHA and HIPAA
- Assist in planning and executing regulatory audits for diagnostic approvals
- Manage lab budget and ensure cost-effective operations
- Collaborate across functional departments and with external partners as needed
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records and documentation
- Help oversee and guide the development of standard working process between lab teams and subteams
- Participate in lab meetings and presentations
- Provide updates to strategy and operations, R&D leadership team, and other team and executive meetings as needed
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field or related field
- At least 8 years of experience in a laboratory setting, including experience in a supervisory role
- Strong experience leading the development of complex molecular assays and diagnostics
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and techniques
- Strong understanding of safety and regulatory guidelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead a team of technical experts (laboratory scientists, molecular biologist, bioinformaticists, etc)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?