VP of Business Development, International
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We now have more clinical, molecular and imaging data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how multimodal data is used in clinical settings. By leveraging Tempus Operating System (Tempus OS) capabilities, we enable healthcare systems to accelerate the delivery of oncology precision medicine at systems level.
We are looking for a commercially minded Business Development professional to join our team as VP of Business Development (BD), International and help build and scale our healthcare system (HCS) relationships in key European markets. The VP role is responsible for identifying, cultivating and growing Tempus relationships and partnerships across HCS organizations including governments, hospitals, and clinics. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial self-starter, who has a proven ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and build out new businesses. Beyond executing sales, this player-coach role is also responsible for building and managing a cross-functional commercial sales team over time.
- Define, build, and iterate revenue producing strategic partnerships within defined market segments that utilize Tempus capabilities broadly
- Identify near term and long term national and regional strategic account targets that will benefit from TempusOS and overall Tempus capabilities
- Build and maintain executive relationships at HCS drive adoption of Tempus OS offerings
- Lead and coordinate contracting and proposal work
- Player-coach role responsible for building and managing a cross-functional commercial sales team over time.
- Collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams to ensure successful attainment of company goals and objectives
- Negotiate, secure and manage pull-through of contracts with assigned client accounts
- Partner with our clients to develop and announce impactful case studies leveraging the Tempus platform to advance precision medicine
- Provide feedback to Leadership regarding client responses and suggestions; maintain a solution-oriented mindset
- Track progress against defined strategic objectives and revenue goals; review progress/setbacks frequently with broader Tempus leadership
- International travel approximately 50%
- Other duties as assigned
- Background and expertise in technology, diagnostics, SaaS sales
- Deep relationships with healthcare systems in Europe, especially within oncology and C-Suite (CFO, CEO, COO)
- Exceptional account management, articulation of issues and an ability to navigate a wide range of stakeholders to solve problems
- Entrepreneurial sales approach; thrives most in a high growth, rapidly evolving business environment
- Proactive mindset that bridges ideas to implementable solutions, and can help move both internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems
- Proven ability to navigate multi-faceted client organizations with repeated success
- Ability to set strategies/tactics that are aggressive, but realizable
- Wins followers with a positive and energetic approach to work and life; gains energy from solving difficult problems
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority (both with internal and external stakeholders)
- Learning agility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment within Tempus
- 5-10 years business development experience in diagnostics, digital health or SaaS, preferably in B2B sales into health systems
- Proven track record of establishing credibility as a trusted advisor with clients
- Experience negotiating and closing large and complex multi-year deals
- Deep knowledge of oncology, diagnostics, technology deployments in complex environments
- Bachelor degree in a Science or Business discipline; Advanced degree (MBA, PhD or Healthcare certification) desired
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.