Manager, Life Sciences Client Management Operations
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
About the Job
The Manager, Life Sciences Client Management Operations oversees sequencing and companion diagnostic projects and process improvement for Tempus’ Life Sciences collaborations. This position manages the day-to-day projects and resources within the team. The position supports relationships with Tempus’ Laboratory, Bioinformatics, Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams, as well as Life Sciences partner companies’ project teams.
- Lead project manager for multiple programs/scopes across multiple pharma and biotech customers, including:
- Point of contact at Tempus for client end to end project activities including external kick-off meetings, bi-weekly status update meetings, and close-out meetings.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve critical project related issues.
- Proactively report metrics to clients and forecast client needs.
- Coordinate with Lab management to ensure samples are moving appropriately through the NGS workflow and flagging samples at-risk to ensure Tempus meets the contracted turnaround time.
- Monitor project health through the effective use of project dashboards and management tools.
- Coordinate with internal teams such as Product, Customer Success, Lab Operations Teams on specific asks and customizations that would enable improve efficiency and scalability.
- Develop project plans and schedules for product development that document project goals and objectives, scope, schedule, budget, risk management plan, and project team resource requirements.
- Ensure internal team member roles and responsibilities are clearly defined to achieve desired results; keep internal stakeholders engaged and informed of progress and potential risks
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, public health, science, or engineering.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in management consulting, customer success, or client-facing role at a healthcare technology company are highly preferred.
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to meet long- and short-term deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience facilitating strategic and tactical planning with outside collaborators and clients.
- Master’s Degree
- Prior work in industries related to life sciences, genomic sequencing, or oncology is a plus.
- Experience in clinical oncology trials is a plus.
- Experience in scientific data management in all phases of project design and analysis.
- Genomic data background and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?