Manager, Molecular Operations (Tuesday - Saturday, 3:00pm - 11:30pm)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Molecular Operations Manager who will be responsible for overseeing day to day management of the NGS clinical testing laboratory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the operational activities of a cutting-edge clinical laboratory to support a molecular workflow with rapid turnaround times. This role primarily oversees next-generation sequencing workflows for oncology panels.
- Provides technical direction, mentoring, and professional guidance to laboratory employees
- Oversee initiation and, at times creation, of incident reports while leading full root cause analyses into batch failures
- Resolve technical, instrument, or unexpected tests results and ensures corrective
actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Provide solutions to highly complex problems and apply a high degree of ingenuity,
creativity and innovation
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly QC results and determines the validity of results,
performs follow up as needed
- Maintain regulatory compliance within the lab, including CAP, CLIA, OSHA
- Develop and implement workflows for new assays, in collaboration with R&D
- Evaluate the competency of all testing personnel on an ongoing basis
- M.S. (physical, chemical, or biological science) + at least 4 years pertinent
clinical lab experience (at least 2 of which are in the designated specialty)
- BS in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological sciences and at least 7 years of pertinent clinical lab experience
- Experience supervising others in a CLIA/CAP high-complexity laboratory
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to delegate tasks to other
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?