Principal System Test Engineer
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
As a Principal System Test Engineer, you will be instrumental in the design and development of cutting edge next generation sequencing-based Software in Medical Device (SiMD) and Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) products. In this exciting role, you will have overall responsibility for establishing formal testing processes to help the team utilize automated and simulated test frameworks to script, test, and drive improvements in the quality of the products. You will report to the Director of Software Quality and will play a key technical leadership role for the software test organization.
- Providing input and collaborating with the product team in developing test-driven requirements during the planning and development phases of SiMD and SaMD products
- Working with R&D teams to create automated and manual software tests to ensure the software works properly, including unit testing through end-to-end testing
- Authoring software verification test plans, protocols, and reports
- Representing as the technical subject matter expert (SME) for software verification during design reviews and audits
- Representing as the software SME “initial touchpoint” during sustaining and servicing launched Assays
- Championing continuous improvement projects, such as defining measures of product quality or implementation of new procedures and work instructions related to software testing
- Software testing experience in the medical device/NGS industry, including a solid understanding of FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR), IEC 62304, and FDA Guidance for software
- Experience with Python and R programming languages, cloud computing, Linux
- Able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with business and technical audiences
- Experience with requirements management and software/defect management processes; familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins/Concourse), Jira, Github, and Jama
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, preferably software related (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Bioinformatics) with 7+ years of software verification experience, or Master’s Degree and 5+ years related experience
- Building, developing, and executing testing programs
- Project management skills including planning, estimation and requirements management
- Knowledge of technology trends and domain expertise
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.