Product Design Director
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
As designers at Tempus, our impact starts and ends with better serving physicians, researchers, scientists, and patients. The experience these people have with our products and services is our brand and we’re here to defend it.
This role is responsible for developing and implementing highly effective experience design strategies for internal and external products in our Genomics business. Your work will directly impact patients and the people who treat them.
How you’ll contribute:
- Work closely with business operations, marketing, product management, and software engineering to define and shape the vision of the software used by internal science and operational teams as well as physicians and patients at the point of care.
- Inspire, manage, direct, and coach designers to grow our genomics business while delivering their best work, making connections between personal growth goals and business goals.
- Focus on business objectives (OKRs) and how to achieve them with your Product and Engineering counterparts.
- Partner with leaders across disciplines to bring user-centric ideas to life while fostering team and individual growth.
- Balance creating a culture of exploration and learning, while delivering a high-quality product experience.
- Partner with Design Center of Excellence team to design playbooks and templates that enable teams to collaborate with stakeholders more effectively.
What you’ll bring:
- Approximately 10+ years of experience in fast-paced, creative environments.
- Exceptional storytelling and communication capable of explaining complex scientific and technical concepts in simple terms.
- Outstanding cross-functional leadership skills, with proven experience managing complex projects through influence.
- A proven track record of translating research into design and product decisions.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a proclivity to roll up your sleeves and work on everything from strategy to creating copy for one-pagers.
- Experience building teams over time through hiring and developing high-performing design strategists.
- A growth mindset and a desire to continuously learn.
- A preference for progress over perfection and a bias toward action.
- Knowledge of genomics and experience in healthcare is ideal but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.