Director of Commercial Learning and Development
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup; however, computer technology has had limited impact in healthcare. With the expansion of multi-modal healthcare data and recent advancements in AI, that’s about to fundamentally change. Tempus is a healthcare technology company at the forefront of that change to leverage data to improve patient lives.
Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world data to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians. Our data empowers researchers to better characterize and understand disease, and to drive better outcomes through precise, individualized care.
We built Tempus to collect, structure, and organize data from disparate data silos into a comprehensive dataset to accelerate the pace of innovation and discovery in healthcare. And now we are looking for a Director, Provider Commercial Learning and Development to join our rapidly growing Learning and Development team. This position requires a strategic thinker who can take charge of setting the direction for the Learning and Development team, while also being hands-on in the design and execution of training strategies. The ideal candidate will lead the development and execution of our sales training strategy, determine resource requirements, and plan field execution.
The Director, Provider Commercial Learning and Development Director will work alongside functional leaders in Marketing, Medical Affairs, L&D, People Team, and IT counterparts. You will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the training curriculum.
- Set strategic direction for the Learning and Development team.
- Oversee the development and implementation of comprehensive training plans for the oncology, Neuropsychiatry, and cardiology commercial teams that align with organizational goals and individual professional needs.
- Direct the planning, coordination, and execution of new-hire sales training and ongoing training modules, educational materials, classes, and assessments, partnering with Sales leadership for content creation and maintenance.
- Build internal relationships to manage instruction and scheduling of workshops.
- Guide the translation of national brand plans and tactics into the development of message practice, and role-play scenarios for all meetings.
- Deliver feedback to sales management with coaching recommendations.
- Manage and mentor the Learning and Development team, driving them towards achieving organizational goals.
- Proven experience in training delivery within the oncology diagnostic industry.
- Expertise in establishing training program infrastructure in the oncology space.
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of computer software programs: Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with the ability to coach, inspire, and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to work independently and remotely while fostering a strong team culture.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, attention to detail, time management skills, and personal initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for coordinating tasks with other people.
- Proficient in oral presentations and written communication, including technical briefs and scientific publications.
- Superior proofreading skills, ensuring accuracy in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and document formatting.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- 7+ years of selling experience, 3+ years of sales training experience, and 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Experience in Oncology, Life Science Sales, or Training and Development.
- Remote-based with the ability to travel up to 50%-75%.
- Demonstrated success in creating and implementing training plans, curriculum, and material in various modalities.
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to manage complex projects across functional teams, including vendors.
- Experience in Sales Force Effectiveness, System management, reporting development.
- Proven track record in project definition and analysis.
- Experience in developing plans and measures, liaising with and engaging cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional team player with the ability to collaborate effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.