Bioinformatics Analyst - Quality Control/Variant Interpretation (Weekend AM shifts required)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Bioinformatics Analyst with experience and interest in translational cancer research and next-gen sequencing clinical diagnostics. This position requires experience with cancer genomics, bioinformatic pipelines, genomic variant interpretation, and relational data systems. Top candidates will also have experience deploying bioinformatics code and retrieving relevant data from relational databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide bioinformatics support for quality control and variant identification/interpretation, prior to clinical case sign outs
- Evaluate sample and variant metrics to confirm data quality and integrity
- Provide timely notifications to laboratory and clinical personnel regarding potential sample irregularities
- Interpretation of single-nucleotide, insertion/deletion, and copy number variants and fusions
- Responsible for identifying and interpreting complex variant calls in low coverage, variable, and novel genomic regions, in addition to sequencing artifacts
- Use SQL and other scripting languages to retrieve relevant data from various bioinformatics databases
- Use Python and/or R to perform analyses on genomic data sets
- Communicate findings in a clear and logical manner to help stakeholders make scientific and clinical decisions based on your interpretation of variant data
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all analysis/projects
- BS/BA in bioinformatics, computer science, molecular biology or genetics, or equivalent field of study
- Programming skills: SQL, Bash, Python or R
- Computational biology skills using Python, R, and/or Bioconductor
- Experience working with next-generation sequencing data
- Familiarity with Mac/Linux working environment
- Must be flexible to work on the weekends
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Advanced degree in Bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics, or equivalent field of study
- Work experience in cancer genetics or molecular biology
- Familiarity with next-gen sequencing lab practices
- Previous experience working with next-gen sequencing data
- Capacity to excel in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Software development experience using Github
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?