Histotechnologist (Saturday Shift)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We're looking to build a laboratory operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques from sample processing to creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data.
What You’ll Do:
- Preparation of both unstained and routine hematoxylin and eosin stained slides from formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue blocks
- Maintain laboratory equipment and perform troubleshooting independently
- Approach work with safety and diligence and follow safety requirements of the laboratory
- Performs routine assignments without specific guidance
- Reliably produce quality finished product
- Accurate documentation in accordance with standard operating procedures and study protocols
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures for new instruments and products
- Collaborate with other members of the Tempus pathology laboratory
- Utilize microtome, water bath, automated stainer, automated coverslipper ,and slide printer
- Collaborate with in-house pathologists for slide quality review
- Ability to use cryostat, tissue processors and stainers
- Work the Wednesday-Saturday, 10:00am-8:30pm shift
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- HT or HTL Certification preferred
- Familiarity with Leica automation and associated laboratory software
- Laboratory knowledge of CAP regulations
- Experience with pathology laboratory SOPs and protocols
- Comfort with laboratory safety and training
- Demonstrates problem solving skills in the laboratory
- Good communication and organization skills
Tempus is offering a relocation assistance package for individuals currently living outside of Illinois.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?