Senior Software Engineer, Developer Tools
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Are you passionate about developer tooling?
The Developer Tools team creates internal tools and frameworks focused on improving the lives of every software engineer working at the company. By optimizing the developer experience, we’re able to help Tempus deliver the right experience to our physicians and drive positive outcomes for our patients, faster. Our team’s existing portfolio spans from brew-like CLI tools to full-stack applications bearing resemblances to TinyURL. We’re looking to expand into more interesting tooling areas such as VS Code plug-ins to help our Product, Compliance, Quality Solutions, and Operations partners. Join us in our mission to help delight our fellow engineers.
What You Will Do:
- Be a thought leader and key contributor within the Developer Tools team
- Relentlessly partner with teams company-wide to identify pain points in their development processes
- Independently design and implement thoughtful features and tools to improve software engineering productivity and code quality
- Mentor junior peers and contribute to the success of teammates via code reviews, to ensure adherence to industry best practices
- Regularly provide support to internal customers and create/deliver training sessions. Author clear and concise documentation to reduce support costs
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Data Science
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer OR a minimum of three years with an advanced degree
- 3+ years of command-line experience in macOS or Linux
- 1+ year of recent coding experience in Go
- 1+ year of experience with Postgres or MySQL
- Coding experience in TypeScript
- Hands on experience with Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Azure
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points for:
- Prior experience building developer tools, plug-ins for developer tools, linters, etc.
- Experience as a full stack developer
- Coding experience in Python
- GCP certification(s)
- Prior exposure to Concourse, Jira, Confluence, GitHub
- Deep knowledge of test automation, CI/CD, DevOps, QA, or Scrum
- Knowledge of HIPAA, HITRUST, or ISO
- Coding experience in Rust
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?