Senior Product Manager, Member
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Manager to join our Member Pod at Talkspace! This role would be responsible for building, iterating, and optimizing our member experience roadmap- ensuring alignment and enabling the creation of the best possible solutions. You will be working cross-functionally with product design, engineering, and data science to guide new feature developments from ideation to launch.
As a Senior Product Manager, you are responsible for leading the team through the execution of thoughtful features and experiments that help our members connect with their therapists and progress in their mental health journeys. We are looking for someone with prior experience building user facing features for digital healthcare products and a passion for our mission of making quality mental healthcare accessible to all!
*This is a remote position based on Eastern Time. Talkspace Headquarters is located in NYC*
What You’ll Do
- Lead ideation and execution of features and experiments that drive members’ therapeutic engagement and outcomes
- Develop and maintain a prioritized product backlog that aligns with member, clinical, and business goals and strategy
- Own the product life cycle for your the Member Experience team by defining top product problems, identifying key measures of success (KPIs) for new features or experiments, writing clear, succinct product requirement documents, and monitoring results of product experiments and enhancements
- Collaborate with and distill insights from data science, UX design, and UX Research to ensure delivery of the best member experience
- Understand and articulate our members’ needs and pain points to designers, engineers, and data scientists to ensure the team is aligned and set up to come up with the best possible solution
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to break down large, complex problems and systems into actionable projects and solutions
- 3+ years of experience as as a Product Manager
- Experience working with both web and mobile
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing software development projects from ideation to launch
- Experience in designing and delivering product solutions based on analysis and A/B experimentation
- Must be highly detail-oriented and have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical, critical, and systems thinking skills
- Managed marketplace or healthcare experience
- 2+ years at a major consumer brand, plus if it is healthcare related
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans coverage since day one
- Pre-tax benefits: HSA/ FSA
- 401k Retirement Savings Program with matching up to 4%
- Voluntary benefits including disability, basic life or pet insurance, etc.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend to promote mental and physical self-care
- Flexible PTO and Remote First Environment
- Regular team events, including Wellness Workshops and Team Building Events
- Free access to Talkspace products for you and one household member, as well as access to a friends and family discount!
At Talkspace, we believe that pay transparency during the interview process is a critical part of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our salary bands are based on internal and external compensation benchmarks, which we regularly evaluate to ensure we pay competitively.
The base salary range for this role is between $120,000 - 165,000. Within the salary bands, leveling corresponds to each candidate’s relevant experience, skills as assessed during the interview process, education, and applicable certifications.
Talkspace is the most comprehensive and convenient way to take care of your mental health and wellness, focused on providing quality mental health services on your own terms.
Our signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can connect their dedicated provider via live video, text, or phone.
Backed by over 10 years of industry-leading research and clinically proven results, our accessible care model continues to make huge strides in lowering the barriers to quality mental healthcare services nationwide. Talkspace is the top insurance-covered therapy service with over 112 million Americans covered and a leader within the Corporate Wellness Space, with more than 200 employer partnerships across several industries.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
How do we define Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Talkspace?
Diversity encompasses the unique attributes of our employees as individuals. We value and embrace the richness arising from their varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which include, but are not limited to, age, ability, ethnicity, gender, race, and cultural background.
Equity refers to a fair and impartial workplace, aiming to ensure equal growth and advancement opportunities for all employees. This involves amplifying underrepresented voices, addressing unconscious biases, and providing inclusive, culturally competent mental health care.
Inclusion signifies the practice of granting equal access to opportunities and resources for all employees, particularly those who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized. It ensures that everyone feels a sense of belonging, value, support, and respect as an individual.
Belonging reflects the affinity and positive relationships that develop among employees from diverse backgrounds when businesses actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.