Partnerships Manager - National Capital Region (NCR) India
Sales & Business Development
India Gate, New Delhi, Delhi, India
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
Tala’s mission is to improve the financial lives of millions of people in developing markets by creating new, accessible financial services. We are looking for a Marketing and Growth Manager to join us as we prepare to launch in India and scale quickly thereafter.
We are looking for a partner-focused professional to join our growing India office. This role will be driving growth, engagement, and go-to-market execution for different partnership initiatives. If you're passionate about bringing innovative partnerships to consumers, thrive in creative projects, and embrace a fast-paced & dynamic environment, we’re excited to meet you!
Primarily an in-field role based in and focussed on NCR (National Capital Region)
What you'll do
- Lead efforts to drive user acquisition through partnership initiatives.
- Accelerate Tala India's business expansion by identifying value-adding growth opportunities related to our current or new products.
- Lead end-to-end in-country partnerships strategy; deliver on company KPIs with a strong focus on growth or operational partnerships, partnership design, partner diligence, relationship management, and new corresponding products/features.
- Own all relevant external partner relationships (existing and new) and be accountable for their performance, strategic direction, commercial terms, and overall delivery against expectations.
- Work closely with the product team on strategy/roadmap to take different partnership initiatives to market and grow TAM.
- Collaborate on user & market research projects to generate business insights and translate them into user journeys to enable/support marketing strategies/campaigns.
- Research and propose scalable partnerships sources (apart from current channels) to our growth playbook.
- Develop and monitor budgets for partnerships activities
What you'll need
- 6+ years experience in account management and business development, tech startups, marketing, or business leadership experience in high-performing, direct-to-consumer businesses.
- Healthcare and/or Edtech partnerships experience is strongly recommended.
- Experimental mindset and strategic planning skills (building roadmaps, difficult tradeoffs, and decision frameworks) to achieve business goals aligned with Tala’s mission and current growth stage.
- Deeply understands Tala users’ pain points and needs and is able to translate that understanding into actionable and customer-centric solutions while closely keeping in mind the competitive and regulatory landscape.
- Strong data-driven approach to growth initiative identification, evaluation, execution, and reporting with strong attention to detail.
- Natural ability to work cross-functionally marketing, operations, product, and leadership teams to propose, persuade and collaborate with on strategic priorities.
- Works well with others and brings an energetic, fun, and creative approach to the workplace.
- Ability to own and manage multiple concurrent initiatives, including presenting and clarifying tradeoffs to the leadership team about prioritization and feasibility of what can be realistically delivered
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or any related field
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.