Global Head of Business Operations
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
The Global Head of Business Operations will report to the SVP Operations and will be responsible for ensuring that teams are planning and delivering on the quarterly and annual objectives and hitting their key results. Sound decision-making, a broad understanding of multiple business functions, exceptional communication up, down, and sideways and a high level of emotional intelligence are essential capabilities the person that fills this role must possess.
What You'll Do
- Manage the OKR setting process on a quarterly and annual basis. Drive accountability for OKRs across teams
- Ensure the OKR process cascades into the business groups and teams for them to develop their own OKRs
- Keep a check on key metrics and identify and implement initiatives when they go off track
- Drive continuous improvement projects which lead to bottom-line savings, top-line impact, and benefit to the stakeholders or project sponsors
- Leverage internal and external benchmarks to identify business process improvement initiatives. Develop a continuous improvement roadmap and create an operational strategy to drive cultural change toward measurable and meaningful quality and efficiency
- Identify operational inefficiencies in execution and provide analysis and recommendations (e.g. Risk Management or SMS cost reduction)
- Establish measures to assess the effectiveness of local and global execution and drive continuous improvement in these areas
- Drive establishment and improvement, individually or collaboratively, to prioritize business processes to minimize complexities between global and local execution
What You'll Need
- 7-10 years experience at a top-tier management consulting firm and/or experience in Business Operations, Operations Strategy, or a cross-functional operational role at a technology company
- Experience with proven expertise in the development of performance goals, annual planning, and monitoring, and reporting of OKRs (or similar frameworks)
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum efficiency and productivity and ability to streamline and implement processes that create efficiency and support shifting business demands
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and leadership skills demonstrated by previous professional successes
- Prior experience in working in companies with global business operations
- Practical experience working at a start-up pace with heavy virtual communications
- Proven ability to coach and mentor others in a replicable, scalable way
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt or higher is preferred. PMP certification is nice to have
- Global travel may be required to our offices in the Philippines, Kenya, India, and the USA, beyond Mexico.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.