Senior Product Manager, Global Platform
India Gate, New Delhi, Delhi, India
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
The position holder will drive product strategy and execution for Tala’s Platform initiatives to build the future of financial services for the global emerging middle class. As a key member of the product team, you will be responsible for defining and delivering platform services and capabilities that enable Tala to move fast, scale, and create best-in-class experiences for our customers. You will collaborate closely with a cross-functional global team to achieve exceptional business results while delivering on Tala’s vision of financial agency for all.
What You’ll Do
- Drive platform strategy that enables Tala to move fast, scale, and create best-in-class experiences for our customers.
- Deeply understand Tala’s platform infrastructure, processes, needs, and business goals to prioritize and own a unified data platform roadmap.
- Lead a high-performing, cross-functional team of engineers to drive execution and deliver measurable results.
- Gather requirements, determine features, and develop product specs that minimize assumptions and ambiguity for engineers.
- Create and leverage monitoring, analysis, and qualitative insights to drive prioritization.
- Drive alignment with a cross-functional group of stakeholders including Product, Credit, Data Science, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, and Legal.
- Collaborate with the broader PM community on strategy, dependencies, and creating a center of excellence.
- Share product and technical architecture insights and best practices with the broader product guild to help educate peers and evolve the platform
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years experience in Product Management, with some in a platform context.
- Demonstrated ability to ship products and deliver meaningful business results.
- Strong understanding of modern analytics tools with strong data fluency.
- Strong understanding of modern development practices and planning processes.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with distributed teams.
- Strong leadership presence with the ability to vision set and organize teams
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Tala
Something looks off?