Senior Manager, Global Treasury
Accounting & Finance
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Manage global treasury policies and ensure proper controls around cash management across all markets.
- Coordinate with Finance to maintain a close view of our cash forecast and cash positions, optimizing the use of our cash balances while maintaining optimal liquidity levels per entity.
- Optimize our FX Cash positions across all markets.
- Responsible for monthly treasury reporting, including cash flow analyses.
- Assist in the evaluation, development, execution and maintenance of foreign exchange program and ensure proper accounting of our derivative programs.
- Develop and implement appropriate governance structures around corporate expense policies and vendor management.
- Manage all intercompany agreements within Tala Group
- Evaluate implementation of new tools to improve efficiency of our treasury operations
- Evolve our global banking structure and relationships to ensure our global needs in all geographies are properly covered.
- Collaborate with the controller with all global tax strategy.
- Support the controller with other ad-hoc initiatives.
- Minimum of a BA or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting.
- Six (6) years’ prior experience in a Treasury department, preferably in a leadership position,
- Experience with international companies with multi-country exposure.
- Strong financial reporting skills, including cash flow analysis and forecasting
- Experience managing banking relationships and executing a variety of banking transactions.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Intrinsically curious, with a growth mindset and advocate of continual learning and improvement.
- Ability to make sound decisions autonomously and drive resolution of problems.
- Flexibility with schedule and willingness to adapt and connect with team members in different geographies and time zones (Africa & Asia)
- Preferably an active CPA or CTP license.
- Experience with start-ups and fintech industry
- Exposure to international taxation is a plus.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.