Senior Marketing Data Automation Specialist
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for an experienced, data-driven lifecycle/CRM analyst who is interested in working for a top fintech company with a social mission to provide financial access to our customers across Mexico, Kenya, the Philippines, and India who are underserved and unbanked.
In this role, you will connect the dots between lifecycle campaign strategies and the data needed to execute them. To do this, you will become an expert in exploring and analyzing backend data to implement new data events and attributes into the CRM platform to drive the creation of highly accurate, relevant, and personalized communications. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys the responsibility of seeing campaigns through from early-stage data exploration and data preparation to audience and campaign development to deployment and analysis. You are someone who has a strong passion for making sense of data through SQL development, discovery, and analysis, with an execution mindset and devotion to data quality.
You will work cross-functionally with marketing, product management, analytics, and other teams to transform marketing strategies into reality through end-to-end data and campaign management that drive conversion and retention using cross-channel messaging with a “test and learn quickly” mindset. You will also use your SQL development skills to analyze underlying data, build performance and audit reporting, and support data discovery initiatives to strengthen our CRM operations and ensure prospects/customers are receiving the right messages.
The ability to work collaboratively in a very fast-paced work environment, operate strategically as well as tactically as the situation demands, identify data anomalies, execute flawlessly, streamline integration of marketing data, and drive initiatives with minimal supervision are essential requirements for this role.
What you'll do:
- Provide data consultation and insights to Marketing, Product, and CX partners to refine lifecycle strategies that build personalized relationships with prospects and customers through all stages of their journey
- Learn business rules, product flows, and underlying data to support the delivery of quick, reliable solutions with the highest level of precision and data quality
- Translate business requirements into SQL and campaign logic
- Use data, analytics, and experimental design to drive improvements across a wide variety of business objectives
- Work closely with credit, finance, and analytics teams to report on campaign results and continually monitor and measure campaign execution and performance
- Adhere to the lifecycle production process from ticket creation through to deployment and analysis, documenting processes and procedures, and identifying improved flows to maximize team efficiency
- Manage and streamline the integration of marketing data with our existing analytics stack
- Work with data, product, and engineering teams to define any new requirements to ensure the right data are available for relevant, personalized, and real-time campaigns
- Solve problems in real-time to address data inconsistencies and service interruptions impacting customers
- Create stored procedures and automation utilizing SQL within database environments
- Uncover the root cause of data discrepancies and turn findings into action items for cross-functional teams
What you'll need:
- Strong ability to translate analytical needs into SQL queries, with the ability to interpret and dive deep into data results; experience with Snowflake a plus
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant data analysis experience, with proven ability to push through ambiguity to interpret data with minimal guidance
- Passionate about data QA and finding the “why” behind data discrepancies
- Hands-on experience in data investigation and data utilization with marketing automation platforms; SQL-based tools such as Responsys, Unica, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
- Solid understanding of email, in-app, push & SMS including campaign automation, data feeds in and out, and segmentation queries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt to change and effectively prioritize and multitask
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Strong cross-functional skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective communicator with a collaborative, can-do attitude
- Proven ability to process and synthesize data with a strong analytical approach to funnel activation metrics measurement, campaign performance, and optimizations
- Analytically minded; able to effectively communicate analysis results to drive decisions
- Experience with data visualization platforms (e.g. Looker, Amplitude), and API tools (e.g. Postman)
- Cross-cultural skills with a passion for serving our customers and working with global teams across Mexico, the Philippines, Kenya, and India
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Tala
Something looks off?