Director, Global Operations Analytics
Operations, Data Science
Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2023
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for five years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 7 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for a strong, analytical leader to build out Tala’s Operations Analytics vertical to focus on the efficacy and efficiency of Tala’s loan servicing teams and systems.
What you'll do:
- Create globally consistent, accurate, real-time dashboards for key Collections & Customer Service metrics
- Set and monitor team and individual performance targets for Collections & Customer Service teams based on historical, market and partner team data
- Identify anomalous performance in customer service / collections performance, research root causes and propose solutions to optimize team performance
- Define framework for assessing optimal mix of internal and external resources
- Standardization of Collections & Customer Service metrics
- Oversee non-labor variable expenses
Who you are:
- A collaborative self-starter. You’re excited to pursue new initiatives and love to partner with geographical and cross-functional leads to move the business forward
- You have the ability to translate insights into action. You not only build models, but you’re able to distill key learnings and use those insights to drive strategic planning and initiatives
- A highly innovative problem-solver. You approach a problem from different perspectives and use your holistic understanding of the business to see new opportunities/risks
- Strong communicator and an advocate for your business partners
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, understanding that week-to-week priorities may shift as new business opportunities emerge
- Passionate about social enterprise and find meaning in working to make the world a better place
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in operations analytics (either sitting in an Operations or Finance organization)
- Strong proficiency in Excel and experience with data analytics languages (e.g. SQL, Python) and/or data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Amplitude, Tableau) is required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence in a global, cross-functional environment
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.