Director of Facilities
The Director of Facilities is a key leadership role responsible for overseeing all aspects of facility management across our multiple locations. This individual will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic initiatives to ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of our restaurants. The Director of Facilities will lead a team of facilities managers to uphold our brand standards and ensure compliance with regulations. This role will communicate and work with Operations to develop a strong working partnership and interact with other support center departments to provide subject matter expertise and represent the needs of our operators and guests.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages maintenance and repair for all building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, general maintenance, and sustainability. Ensure all facilities work follows our company standards, conforms to specifications, and that work orders are tracked and managed within the budgeted guidelines.
REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
- Develop strategies that optimize repair and maintenance service to the field, in a cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring a positive guest experience
- Manage preventative maintenance schedules for all restaurants, equipment and systems
- Develop and implement sustainable facility management practices
- Ensure Compliance with safety standards and regulations for all restaurant facilities
- Serve as Facilities Manager for West Coast Region (CA + SEA) territory of restaurants to provide Operations with day-to-day support
- Drive continuous improvements for the organization through holding vendors accountable to established KPIs and actively consulting and training Operations teams on Facilities knowledge and ownership
CAPITAL & REVENUE BUDGETS
- Lead the development of budgets for repair and maintenance with key stakeholders, managing to aligned budgets, and executing strategies to reduce cost
- Prepare capital allocation strategies and manage budgets associated with equipment replacement and remodels in partnership with Finance and Operations
- Oversee Programmatic Equipment replacement projects executed by the Facilities Managers
- Manage resource allocation for all projects and initiatives
REFRESH AND NRO’S:
- Provide active insights and input into functional design of facilities and choice of equipment to the design and construction team and influence decisions that are favorable for the long term upkeep of assets
- Lead back of the house and minor front of the house refresh projects, working closely with design and construction team where appropriate
- Oversee the new store turnover process to ensure deep understanding of asset management and any unique issues that may impact facilities upkeep on an ongoing basis
- Lead the facilities team and develop team members both from a professional skill and leadership perspective
- Create and execute disciplines and routines for self and team that lead to engagement with field, cross functional team, quality control and superior vendor management
- Provide leadership in emergency response and crisis management in all facilities related issues
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices in facility management to drive continuous improvement
- An exceptional executive in the space of Facilities Management with strategic and functional skills
- Well versed in Service Channel and its technology platforms to maximize its impact on R&M spend and trend analysis
- A strong leader, cross-functional collaborator and proven expert in execution/implementation
- Able to travel 40-50% of the time
- At least 10 years of prior experience in related multi-unit facility environment; with emphasis on management in a restaurant environment
- 5 years of leadership experience
- A B.S. in relevant field or equivalent in education and experience. Certification in Restaurant Facilities Management Association, Facilities Management through International Facilities Management Association or other organization preferred.
- Financial acumen and understanding of budgets, project planning and estimating
- Strong technical knowledge of all aspects of restaurant facilities maintenance, including HVAC, refrigeration, food prep and production equipment, electrical, plumbing and building systems and finishes.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organization, planning and computer skills e.g. facilities management tools and Excel
- Knowledgeable in governing codes, safety (OSHA) rules, sanitation (NSF), and building codes (BOCA)
- Excellent consulting skills and ability to influence senior stakeholders to get things accomplished within a matrixed organization
What you'll get:
- Highly competitive pay + bonus plan
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.