The Licensing Specialist will be a key member of the Real Estate Team, responsible for ensuring all sweetgreen store permits are in good standing and compliant with all necessary jurisdictions. The role involves the timely submission of renewal applications, gathering of all supporting documentation, and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Provide day to day maintenance and monitoring of existing store licenses and permits
- Manage a licensing database that tracks all store licenses and renewal applications
- Work with operators at the store level and provide licensing support
- Prepare and submit renewal packets to jurisdictions across the US to ensure all licenses necessary to operate 200+ restaurants are in good standing and compliant
- Gather all supplemental documentation needed for a renewal submission such as COI, inspection certificates, letter of good standing, etc
- Monitor the status of the applications and ensure all are received, address any deficiencies as necessary, and ensure renewed licenses are properly displayed
- Complete administrative tasks such as check mail, submit check requests, signature requests, Fedex mailings, etc
- Work closely with the Licensing Manager to streamline processes and create improved SOPs
- Bachelor’s degree and some licensing experience preferred
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Ability to meet strict deadlines for renewal applications and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, verbal and written communication when interfacing with internal sweetgreen team and external vendors
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office preferred
What you'll get:
- Highly competitive pay + bonus plan
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.