Restaurant General Manager
Sweetgreen is coming to shake up the Columbus food scene, and we are looking for talented leaders to join us!!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Our General Managers are the Head Coaches of our teams!
We want sweetgreen to be a transformative place, and we pride ourselves on providing a clear career path with opportunities for leadership, personal growth, and professional development. If you love running a balanced business, growing a team, and creating an excellent customer experience, come join the #sweetlife.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a high-performing team by coaching, developing talent, and fostering an inclusive, engaging culture focused on our mission of building healthier communities by connecting people to real food
- Drive excellence in operations, customer experience, and profitability through performance metrics, tools, and accountability
- Uphold food quality and safety standards; ensure production consistency and regulatory compliance
- Execute on the fundamentals: food & labor planning, staffing, inventory management, POS systems, and profit and loss (P&L) responsibilities
- Be a servant leader who builds trust, facilitates clear communication, tackles obstacles, and enables the team to thrive in a dynamic environment
Must-Have Qualifications (Minimum Requirements)
- 10+ years in food service, with at least 6 years in a hands-on management role in a fast-paced environment
- Experience hiring, developing, training, and motivating team members
- Skills in planning, managing, and forecasting financials, labor, & inventory
- Hands-on experience working, managing and optimizing processes in a fast-paced food service environment
- Experience leading and mentoring teams in a collaborative fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have)
- Experience in fast casual restaurant chains
- Regional Manager’s Food Safety Certification (ServSafe Manager’s Certification)
About our sweetlife:
- Competitive base salary + 20% bonus potential
- Medical, dental + vision insurance plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Paid Vacation + Wellness time
- 401k program
- Paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Complimentary greens
- Free sweetgreen swag
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally