As the Regional General Manager for sweetgreen's New York Metro region, you will lead a team of District Managers (Area Leaders) and Store General Managers to drive exceptional customer experiences, increase same-store sales, ensure we hit revenue targets, and uphold sweetgreen's values and standards. You'll be an integral member of the Operations Leadership Team, shaping operations strategy, and ensuring the successful execution of the company's strategic initiatives in your market.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute financial plans, budgets, and forecasts for the New York Metro region, with a strong focus on increasing revenue.
- Leverage your experience managing a P&L to optimize resources, drive profitability, and meet or exceed revenue targets.
- Monitor and manage labor costs to achieve financial goals.
- Oversee day-to-day operations across 45+ sweetgreen locations, focusing on driving same-store sales.
- Ensure strict adherence to food safety and health regulations.
- Monitor and continuously improve store performance metrics, including sales, food quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Uphold sweetgreen's commitment to exceptional customer service, as excellent service drives repeat business and higher sales.
- Proactively address customer feedback and implement improvements, utilizing your excellent communication skills.
Leadership and Team Development:
- Recruit, train, and mentor Store General Managers and District Managers to create high-performing teams.
- Foster a culture of accountability, teamwork, and continuous improvement, drawing from your experience as a proven leader.
Sustainability and Quality:
- Ensure compliance with sweetgreen's sourcing and sustainability standards, which are integral to our brand and can enhance customer loyalty and sales.
- Collaborate with suppliers to source local, fresh, and sustainable ingredients.
- Maintain high standards of food quality and presentation to drive customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work-related experience.
- 7+ years of successful restaurant management/leadership operations experience.
- Previous senior management experience leading large restaurant teams in a geographically dispersed operations environment.
- Strong financial acumen with experience managing budgets and P&L statements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for food, sustainability, and promoting healthy living.
- Ability to thrive in a critical leadership position and share knowledge to drive operational excellence.
About our sweetlife:
- Competitive base salary + strong bonus potential
- Stock options
- Medical, dental + vision insurance plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Complimentary greens
- Free sweetgreen swag
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means