Senior Stock Plan Administrator
Senior Stock Plan Administrator
Los Angeles, CA (on-site)
As a Senior Stock Plan Administrator at sweetgreen, you will report to the company’s Chief Legal Officer and be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the company’s equity incentive programs. The ideal candidate enjoys a fast-paced environment involving a wide variety of activities–including some activities that are separate from stock plan administration–and has extensive experience operating equity incentive programs for a U.S. public company.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of Sweetgreen’s equity incentive programs, which currently include stock options, restricted stock units (“RSUs”), and performance-based RSUs.
- Identify and implement process improvements to allow the company’s equity programs to efficiently scale, and assist with the development of any new equity programs.
- Administrative duties include: confirming eligibility for awards; processing awards, vestings, exercises, settlements, repurchases, and expirations; reconciling records; assisting with trading pre-clearances and blackout windows; and managing other plan-related actions and activities.
- Oversee the operation of the company’s stock plan administration system (Equity Edge Online), and ensure the accuracy of all employee and equity data in that system.
- Collaborate with other company functions (including Internal Audit, People, Finance, and Accounting) to ensure that strong internal controls relating to the company’s equity programs are in place, to satisfy SOX requirements.
- Prepare Section 16 filings (e.g., Form 4s) for executive officers and directors.
- Coordinate with brokers on Rule 10b5-1 trading plans.
- Support employees’ understanding of the company’s equity awards programs and policies through the preparation of training materials and employee communications.
- Promptly respond to, and assist with, stock-related inquiries from company personnel.
- Manage relationships with our equity program vendors, including with our transfer agent (AST) and the provider of our equity trading platform (Morgan Stanley/E*Trade).
- Participate in the preparation of the company’s annual proxy statement, including by preparing and reviewing equity data included in that document.
- Assist with general corporate entity maintenance, which includes working with our agent on state filings and assisting with the formation and dissolution of entities.
- Assist the legal team with public company matters, including planning and logistics for annual shareholder meetings, director and officer questionnaires, and corporate compliance calendars.
- Assist the legal team with organizational and administrative matters.
- Minimum of six years of stock plan administration experience at a U.S. public company
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation
- Extensive experience with Equity Edge Online
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Google Suite
- Comfortable in a high-pressure, high-volume environment, with an ability to juggle multiple assignments, concurrent deadlines, and changing priorities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and work ethic
- Knowledge of relevant tax and regulatory requirements related to equity plans
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion and professionalism
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Two+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal preferred
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- California notary license a plus
Joining the sweetgreen team as a Senior Stock Plan Administrator, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our company’s growth and success, including by ensuring that our equity programs function properly and contribute to the overall well-being and satisfaction of our employees. If you are excited about the sweetgreen mission, we invite you to apply and be part of our journey to connect people to real food and a better workplace experience.
What you'll get:
- Highly competitive pay + bonus plan
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.