Senior Counsel (Commercial Contracts)
Los Angeles, CA (on-site)
As a Senior Counsel at sweetgreen, you will report to the company’s Chief Legal Officer and will be primarily responsible for drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts. You will also provide legal advice with respect to marketing activities, IP protection, and data privacy, and will assist with legal operations.
- Draft, edit, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial contracts, including technology vendor contracts, food supply chain contracts, and marketing agreements.
- Prepare and update the company’s form agreements.
- Identify and implement process and policy improvements to allow the company’s contracting process to efficiently scale.
- Oversee and serve as the primary administrator of the company’s contracts management system (Ironclad).
- Collaborate with other company functions (including Internal Audit, People, Finance, and Accounting) to ensure that strong internal controls relating to the company’s contracting process are in place.
- Support employees’ understanding of the company’s contracting process and policies through the preparation of training materials and employee communications and the provision of periodic training sessions.
- Provide legal advice on various marketing initiatives.
- Assist with trademark prosecution and enforcement.
- Oversee and provide legal advice with respect to the company’s data privacy initiatives.
- Assist with insurance coverage issues.
- Assist the legal team with organizational and administrative matters.
- JD degree
- Licensed to practice law in California
- Minimum of three years of transactional experience at a major law firm
- Minimum of three years of contracting experience in a corporate legal department
- Experience with Ironclad preferred
- Experience supervising trademark prosecution and policing
- Experience advising on and managing data privacy initiatives for a U.S. company
- Familiarity with insurance coverage issues preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Google Suite
- Comfortable in a high-pressure, high-volume environment, with an ability to juggle multiple assignments, concurrent deadlines, and changing priorities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and work ethic
Joining the sweetgreen team as a Senior Counsel, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our company’s growth and success, including by ensuring that our other departments are well-supported with respect to contracting. If you are excited about the sweetgreen mission, we invite you to apply and be part of our journey to connect people to real food and a better workplace experience.
What you'll get:
- Highly competitive pay + bonus plan
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.