Restaurant General Manager
Our General Managers are the Head Coaches of our teams!
We want sweetgreen to be a transformative place, and we pride ourselves on providing a clear career path with opportunities for leadership, personal growth and professional development. There’s a reason we call it a “head coach” and not a “general manager” – we’re inspired by John Wooden’s approach to leadership.
If you love running a balanced business, growing a team and creating an excellent guest experience, come work at sweetgreen.
Every day in our stores, our teams make real food from scratch — you’ll oversee a full-service BOH operation, as well as a quick-service FOH model. The head coach is the anchor of the store — you’re an enthusiastic leader, a quick thinker, a problem-solver, a skilled communicator and a motivator.
What you’ll do:
Here at sweetgreen, we have 6 core values — they embody our culture, spirit and dedication to doing what’s right. They keep us aligned, influence how we lead, and help us make decisions about everything from the food we serve to the impact we have on our people. And they’re the lens through which you’ll build a successful business.
You must be able to perform the following job duties satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Win Win Win: Develop a team by identifying talent (community), building skill set through training (customer) + growing future company leaders (company)
- Think Sustainably: Create systems that drive successful store and team performance
- Keep it Real: Build meaningful relationships with your team and customers, rooted in authenticity — invest time to build trust
- Add the Sweet Touch: Empower your team to create meaningful connections with each other and the guest every day.
- Make an Impact: Inspire your team, owning your business, and architecting customer service experiences across all touch points
- Live the Sweetlife: Celebrate your passion and your purpose.
What you’ve got:
- 5+ years’ experience in restaurant management
- Experience in fast casual restaurant chains (preferred)
- Managed and developed 25+ team members per shift
- P&L, COGS, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Labor/Scheduling, Training & Team Development, Quality Focus
- Experience in Food Safety + Planning
- Regional Manager’s Food Safety Certification required (ServSafe Manager’s Certification)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage + labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- sweetgreen DNA:
- Coachable: actively looks for feedback to grow and improve
- Self-starters: takes initiative, thinks of the big picture, relays store needs and communicates with the team
- Customer service-oriented: Passion for the guest experience, service driven
- Innovative: utilizes and designs business processes with the customer, community and company in mind
- Passionate about real food: appreciation for the greater mission of farm-to-table foods
- High-energy, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
About our sweetlife:
- Competitive base salary + 15% bonus potential
- Medical, dental + vision insurance plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Paid Vacation + Wellness time
- 401k program
- Paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Complimentary greens
- Free sweetgreen swag
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means