We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Procurement Specialist to join Sweetgreen, Inc. As a Procurement Specialist, you will play a crucial role in managing Sweetgreen's Store Development store buildout processes, ensuring the timely procurement of goods and services required for our restaurant openings. Your primary responsibilities will include vendor management, contract negotiation, inventory control, and cost optimization. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, strong analytical abilities, and a proven track record in procurement within the food industry.
- Identify, evaluate, and select reliable suppliers for various products and services across multiple categories used in Sweetgreen's restaurants.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors, ensuring timely delivery of goods and services while adhering to quality standards.
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and contracts with suppliers to achieve cost savings without compromising quality.
- Lead special projects that aid in driving towards Sweetgreen’s sustainability business objectives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including Design, Sustainability, Construction, Operations, and finance & accounting teams, to determine procurement needs and specifications.
- Prepare and issue bulk purchase orders, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company policies and budgetary constraints.
- Monitor and expedite orders, resolve delivery issues, and ensure on-time receipt of bulk goods.
- Support internal stakeholders to develop new standard specifications and provide vendor recommendations based on Procurement supplier evaluations.
- Lead procurement onboarding process for new suppliers.
- Develop and lead process of capturing supplier feedback from internal sweetgreen stakeholders and sharing with external suppliers.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to identify new business requirements and drive spend towards existing suppliers.
- Develop and implement inventory management strategies to optimize stock levels, minimize waste, and reduce costs.
- Conduct regular inventory audits across 3rd party suppliers, reconcile inventory records, and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Analyze demand patterns and forecast future procurement needs to maintain adequate inventory levels and avoid stockouts.
- Analyze supplier pricing, market trends, and industry benchmarks to identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Work closely with the finance team to monitor and control procurement expenses, ensuring adherence to budgetary guidelines.
- Conduct regular supplier performance reviews, evaluating pricing, quality, and delivery performance.
Compliance and Documentation:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, including food safety standards, health and safety regulations, and sustainability requirements.
- Maintain accurate procurement records, including contracts, purchase orders, invoices, catalogs and supplier information.
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance, maintaining a database of supplier performance metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience in Procurement or Purchasing or in a similar role within the food service industry.
- Strong knowledge of procurement processes, vendor management, and inventory control.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven procurement decisions.
- Proficiency in using procurement software, ERP systems, and MS Office suite.
- Familiarity with food safety regulations and sustainability practices in the food industry.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll get:
- Highly competitive pay + bonus plan
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k program
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.