Senior Quality Automation Engineer
We are a team. Not a group of individuals. We are passionate about solving difficult technical problems and take pride in the success of our products. There are no unicorns. Success depends on everyone working together to ship great features backed by maintaining frameworks for ongoing manual and automated testing. We are in this together.
At sweetgreen, an embedded Senior QA Engineer plays a crucial role in ensuring our platforms and products meet the highest bars of excellence. An embedded QA Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager of their domain and work hand in hand with engineers, product managers, delivery managers, and business stakeholders.
We value, encourage, and support diversity in backgrounds and opinions. We are human, fallible, life-long learners - we make mistakes from which we learn and grow. We partner with Product, Design, Data, IT, Operations, and Business stakeholders in long-term ownership of the solutions we build to improve the lives of our customers.
- End-to-End Mindset: Develop a deep understanding of the order lifecycle by reviewing the existing system design and documentation, with an eye towards quality tripwires.
- Collaborative Teamwork: Work with team members to create test coverage that builds confidence in code going out to production and guarding against new features that could cause breaking changes.
- Documentation: Within Confluence, contribute to the documentation of various domain products' QA responsibilities.
- Implement QA Best Practices: You will help advise product teams on how you can best test and conduct quality assurance within an agile engineering environment.
- Carry the Torch: Mentor fellow engineers and analysts and contribute to onboarding new hires, and ensure the QA body of knowledge is accessible and well-understood.
Qualifications and Experience
We're looking for a QA engineer who is familiar with the following:
- Testing tools: Playwright for e2e, Jest for unit and integration tests, k6 for load testing
- Testing Event-Driven Architecture
- Mobile test automation for SPAs
- Writing automated tests into CI/CD pipelines
- Competence in performance/load testing
- Accessibility testing
With the following traits:
- Strong programming skills and coding knowledge in automation
- Seasoned analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great communication and presentation abilities
- Disciplined work ethic
Our Tech Stack
We’re technology agnostic, but we have a propensity to leverage lean tools that are best suited to get the job done. Our systems are built leveraging various frameworks, but the most established are React Native, GraphQL, Nest.js, and Ruby on Rails. We rely on Datadog for observability. We try not to over-index on the latest tech and instead focus on the tools that allow for the greatest development experience, quality of work, and productivity.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.