Director, CRM and Loyalty
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 5,000 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our teams are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
The Director, Head of CRM and Loyalty will play an integral role in shaping the future of loyalty and CRM at sweetgreen. You will continue to evolve the program’s strategic vision, growth targets, enhancements, member communications and activations. This position will oversee 1-3 employees with ownership of day-to-day management of the program & marketing tactics and will work with key partners across the organization to drive recommendations and performance through owned channels.
Our mission as a Marketing Team is to obsess over the guest experience to build healthier communities, drive connection with the brand in a way that builds loyalty and advocacy, and change the fast food landscape. To this end, you will lead an existing team and work cross-functionally to build and evolve a Loyalty and CRM strategy to meet the current and future needs of our rapidly growing business.
As the Director, Head of CRM and Loyalty, you will:
- Identify opportunities to evolve the loyalty program, incorporating stakeholder input and consumer research to guide the program value proposition and structure with the goal to drive greater engagement, retention, and satisfaction, as well as enhancing the platform and removing pain points.
- Define holistic marketing strategy for loyalty or known customers to drive activation, engagement, retention, and incremental sales across owned channels (email, text, push).
- Manage a continuous innovation cycle for incremental program features and provide thought leadership and influence the development of both long and short-term strategic planning for the guest loyalty and platform.
- Own new product requests and drive business case development for any new features and enhancements
- Partner with Analytics team to measure success of program and marketing tactics, gather insights and make improvements to increase customer engagement and lifetime value
- Collect market intelligence on loyalty trends and across competitors to identify gaps and opportunities to improve capabilities
- Maintain domain expertise of the loyalty space both within and outside of the food industry, and rigorously benchmark sweetgreen’s loyalty program versus key competitors
- Experience in CRM and/or loyalty space and managing complex initiatives
- Strong communication, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Successful track record of program and promotion execution
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, cross-collaboration, and team skills
- Experience with mobile ordering and/or mobile e-commerce preferred
- Ability to solve problems both independently and as part of a team
- Curious and positively resilient
- Familiarity with related marketing technologies like CDP and DMP
- Experience in using data to drive decision-making
- Experience working with (and maintains active connections with) Loyalty and CRM agencies, preferred
- Experience working with digital subscription services and DTC brands, preferred
- Minimum 4-Year degree
- Minimum 8-10 years of CRM and loyalty/rewards program experience
What you’ll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan based on performance + equity
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen