Vice President of Supply Chain
The Vice President of Supply Chain, Food Safety, and Quality Assurance will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of sweetgreen's supply chain strategy, including sourcing, procurement, logistics, distribution, and inventory management as well oversee the strategic and operational leadership on all aspects of Quality Management and Food Safety. The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of strategic plans to optimize sweetgreen's supply chain performance, ensure product and food quality and safety, and minimize costs. Additionally, they will lead and manage a team of supply chain, food safety, and quality assurance professionals, establish strong relationships with suppliers and vendors, and collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products to our customers.
- Develop and implement supply chain strategies that support sweetgreen's growth, enhance product quality, and improve operational efficiency
- Leads our Food Safety, Employee Safety, and sustainability programs in support of company strategy, mission, goals, and objectives.
- Lead and manage a team of supply chain, food safety and quality assurance professionals to ensure optimal performance and alignment with organizational goals
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and vendors to ensure quality, reliability, and cost-effectiveness food and related products
- Oversee procurement activities, including vendor selection, contract negotiation, and purchase order management
- Creates a risk mitigation and resiliency plan for each SKU
- Optimize logistics and distribution processes to ensure timely delivery of products to sweetgreen locations and third-party delivery partners
- Monitor inventory levels and develop processes to minimize waste and optimize inventory ensuring resiliency of our vendor/supplier program
- Develop and implement processes to ensure compliance with food safety regulations and industry standards
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Operations, Culinary, Finance, and Technology, to support sweetgreen's overall business objectives
- Identify and evaluate new technologies and innovations to enhance sweetgreen's supply chain performance and competitive advantage in the fast-casual food industry
- Creates Key Performance Indicators aligned with business priorities and embraced by executive leadership that are meaningful, customer-centric, aggressive, and achievable and ensure these are well communicated and visible across organization from operators to leadership team.
- You connect with sweetgreen's mission.
- You take ownership, are an inventive problem solver and have a high level of accountability.
- You have a natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly fluid environment.
- You have demonstrated the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, using utmost discretion when working with CEOs, Executives, and Business Partners.
- You can quickly pivot and adjust priorities with minimal supervision to meet changing strategies and/or evolving situations.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and can quickly generate powerful insights.
- You have strong project management capabilities and demonstrated change management effectiveness.
- You have a sound business judgment, with ability to anticipate our CEO’s needs and identify and implement practical, realistic solutions.
- You have a high EQ with significant experience and comfort in forging strong relationships and influencing all levels of the organization.
- A strong communicator, skilled in clearly contextualizing changes to functional or company strategy and roadmaps, inspiring a team to deliver high-impact work amidst shifting priorities.
- You are curious by nature, action-oriented by default, and an empathetic listener and problem solver.
- You have a strong grasp of written and oral communication.
- You have outstanding communication skills that can keep varying groups and teams aligned and informed.
- You possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit and have a passion for launching new and disruptive initiatives.
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to the Greater Los Angeles area
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business Administration or related field. Master's degree is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain management, with a focus on food service or retail operations
- Strong understanding of supply chain best practices, including procurement, logistics, distribution, and inventory management
- Demonstrated success in running large scale quality assurance and food safety programs
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful supply chain strategies that improve operational efficiency, product quality, and cost-effectiveness
- Experience leading and managing a team of supply chain, food safety, and quality assurance professionals
- Excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation, and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of food safety regulations and industry standards
What you’ll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.