Brand Marketing Intern
Marketing & Communications
St. Louis, MO, USA
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
Summersalt is looking for an enthusiastic self-starter with an eagerness to learn, brainstorm, and wear many hats. This intern will assist the brand marketing team with asset management, photo shoot planning & production, social media, and more. The ideal candidate is resourceful, organized, flexible and has a willingness to jump right in. This role will report to the Senior Marketing Manager and work closely with several departments including Acquisition, Merchandising, Marketing, and Design.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Assist with gathering and organizing assets for various departments, including our external PR team.
- Track orders placed for PR requests, influencers, and more.
- Support the head of influencer management on everything from research to agreements to tracking success.
- Support the brand marketing team on the planning and preparation of photo shoots including prepping garments, assisting with shot lists, day-of assistance, and more.
- Organize social assets.
- Manage posting cadence on Pinterest and Facebook, as well as handle other social media responsibilities.
- Miscellaneous projects as they come up as it pertains to PR, social media, influencer marketing, and overall brand marketing.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university with a major in marketing, journalist, or business.
- Previous internship experience, a plus.
- We take ownership. You take tremendous pride in your work. You are undeterred, disciplined, and accountable when it comes to delivering on the needs of teammates and customers. You know that success is not an accident.
- We’re collaborative: You champion diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. You believe that the greatest success comes from a collaborative team effort.
- We’re communicative—even when it’s hard. You’re direct and considerate in an effort to achieve the best possible outcome. Your feedback is always intentional, constructive, and to move the business forward.
- We’re masters of prioritization. You can pivot and shift priorities with complete flexibility. Regardless of when distractions arise, your time management and resource planning skills keep everything running smoothly.
- We move at warp speed: You quickly absorb new information, skills, and responsibilities. Learning (really) fast and embracing unpredictability is a must.
Summersalt is a generation-defining apparel brand, providing wardrobe essentials for women who are going places. Summersalt launched in 2017 with swimwear made from recycled materials at a $95 price point — designer quality swimwear without the designer price tag. Since then, we’ve launched additional categories including loungewear, knitwear, sleepwear and activewear. Summersalt pieces are modern, sophisticated and fun, with an impeccable data-backed fit based on millions of measurements from over 10,000 women. In the few short years since our founding, Summersalt has built a loyal following of customers, influencers and celebrities, while garnering praise from leading fashion media including ELLE, Vogue and People.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, close-knit team that is redefining the apparel and swimwear categories and at the forefront of e-commerce, design and brand innovation. Sustainability, inclusivity and diversity are core tenants of the brand, and we work hard to inspire joy through our products and every interaction with the customer. If you want to be a part of a diverse, hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and thoughtful people, please consider applying.
Summersalt champions diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Summersalt is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We hire the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, parental status, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are committed to fostering diversity across our organization. Please note that candidates will be asked to consent to a pre-employment background check. This will be conducted to ensure compliance with company policies and industry standards.