Fashion Design Internship - Fall 2023
St. Louis, MO, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Summersalt is seeking an Intern to support our Fashion Design department. This individual will take on day-to-day tasks from the Design team in order to support their workload during a period of rapid growth. We are looking for someone who works well independently, has excellent time management skills, and is comfortable balancing priorities between routine tasks and longer-term project deliverables.
Our internship program is designed with future leaders in mind and serves as a pipeline for top talent. The ideal candidate will have a balance of creative thinking, organizational skills, and attention to detail. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and ensure that our processes are organized and administered effectively.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Coordinate the internal movement of samples by sending, receiving, tracking, and distributing packages.
- Assist with maintaining the fabric library.
- Maintain the submit library and fabric/trim approval board.
- Organize samples and sample closet.
- Assist designers with flat sketching and color computer-aided design in Adobe Illustrator.
- Assist with linesheet creation.
- Create tech packs in Summersalt's Product Lifecycle Management Software (Centric).
- Organize samples/rack for presentations and design pass-offs.
- Research fashion style trends, fabrics, and color palettes, social media and competitors.
- Take detailed notes during fittings and design pass-offs.
- Stay up to date with current trends, innovations, fabric, and technologies.
- Ability to work onsite at our corporate office in St. Louis, MO
- Currently enrolled and attending an accredited college/university studying Fashion Design or a related field.
- Must have strong computer skills with Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with InDesign is preferred
- Detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- Ability to balance priorities between routine tasks and longer-term project deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative thinker with an acute eye for detail.
- Strong industry knowledge and passion for sustainable fashion.
- We’re masters of prioritization. You can pivot and shift priorities with complete flexibility. Regardless of when distractions arise, your time management and resource planning skills keep everything running smoothly.
- We’re collaborative: You champion diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. You believe that the greatest success comes from a collaborative team effort.
- We’re communicative—even when it’s hard. You’re direct and considerate in an effort to achieve the best possible outcome. Your feedback is always intentional, constructive, and to move the business forward.
- We streamline efficiency: You have a passion for automation and improving efficiency whenever there’s an opportunity.
- We move at warp speed: You quickly absorb new information, skills, and responsibilities. Learning (really) fast and embracing unpredictability is a must.
Summersalt is a generation-defining apparel brand, providing wardrobe essentials for women who are going places. Summersalt launched in 2017 with swimwear made from recycled materials at a $95 price point — designer quality swimwear without the designer price tag. Since then, we’ve launched additional categories including loungewear, knitwear, sleepwear and activewear. Summersalt pieces are modern, sophisticated and fun, with an impeccable data-backed fit based on millions of measurements from over 10,000 women. In the few short years since our founding, Summersalt has built a loyal following of customers, influencers and celebrities, while garnering praise from leading fashion media including ELLE, Vogue and People.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, close-knit team that is redefining the apparel and swimwear categories and at the forefront of e-commerce, design and brand innovation. Sustainability, inclusivity and diversity are core tenants of the brand, and we work hard to inspire joy through our products and every interaction with the customer. If you want to be a part of a diverse, hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and thoughtful people, please consider applying.
Summersalt champions diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Summersalt is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We hire the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, parental status, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are committed to fostering diversity across our organization.