Senior Technical Designer
St. Louis, MO, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Summersalt is seeking a Senior Technical Designer to join our rapidly growing team! In this role, you will work in close collaboration with the Technical Design & Patternmaking, Fashion Design, and Product Development teams to develop products from concept to PP approval. This person will also work externally with local and overseas partners to track production and ensure on-time delivery.
Summersalt garments are smart solutions that transform the way our consumer travels. We are building the best team in the country working in rapid iterations from concept to sample to final production in six weeks. By selling directly to our customer, we cut out the middlemen to offer world-class design, performance, fit, and quality – all for a reasonable price.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Own garment uniformity and consistency related to fit, construction and quality.
- Interface with cross functional teams and global partners to ensure the product is consistent with our standards and production timelines.
- Lead fit sessions with Designers, Patternmaker, and Product Development to determine fit and aesthetic direction, proposing alternative methods of construction or components.
- Evaluate samples for vendor execution of fit and construction along with providing solutions via pattern corrections and/or garment re-engineering.
- Update tech packs, including detailed technical sketches, graded measurement specifications, construction details, bill of materials.
- Organize and prioritize daily workload to maintain production calendar and deadlines.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager of Technical Design and Patternmaker to initiate block pattern development.
- Create and maintain libraries of approved samples, construction, garment specs and block patterns.
- Maintain thorough vendor communication and tracking to meet deadlines and ensure on-time delivery.
- Work independently on most tasks.
- Work Location: St. Louis, MO 63105. Hybrid work Environment
- 7+ years of technical design experience in apparel (knit and woven)and/or swim.
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts or equivalent Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, or related field.
- A trained eye for proportion and balance as well as aesthetic detail.
- Ability to clearly articulate technical approach, action plans and style/project status both verbally and in written communication.
- Thorough understanding of garment fitting, construction, and patternmaking.
- Working knowledge of the garment manufacturing process.
- Strong computer skills (preferred programs Centric, Illustrator and Excel) with a working knowledge of Optitex, Gerber PDS, or Lectra.
- Flexibility to thrive in a dynamic, extremely fast paced business environment and welcoming ever changing requirements even in late development to satisfy our customer.
- Demonstrate initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to commute/relocate: St. Louis, MO 63015. Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- We’re masters of prioritization. You can pivot and shift priorities with complete flexibility. Regardless of when distractions arise, your time management and resource planning skills keep everything running smoothly.
- We’re collaborative: You champion diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. You believe that the greatest success comes from a collaborative team effort.
- We’re communicative—even when it’s hard. You’re direct and considerate in an effort to achieve the best possible outcome.
- We move at warp speed: You quickly absorb new information, skills, and responsibilities. Learning (really) fast and embracing unpredictability is a must.
- We’re data obsessed: You tackle complex problems with data that produces measured solutions. You use information from a range of key sources to spot patterns, connect dots, and solve problems—quickly.
Summersalt is a generation-defining apparel brand, providing wardrobe essentials for women who are going places. Summersalt launched in 2017 with swimwear made from recycled materials at a $95 price point — designer quality swimwear without the designer price tag. Since then, we’ve launched additional categories including loungewear, knitwear, sleepwear and activewear. Summersalt pieces are modern, sophisticated and fun, with an impeccable data-backed fit based on millions of measurements from over 10,000 women. In the few short years since our founding, Summersalt has built a loyal following of customers, influencers and celebrities, while garnering praise from leading fashion media including ELLE, Vogue and People.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, close-knit team that is redefining the apparel and swimwear categories and at the forefront of e-commerce, design and brand innovation. Sustainability, inclusivity and diversity are core tenants of the brand, and we work hard to inspire joy through our products and every interaction with the customer. If you want to be a part of a diverse, hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and thoughtful people, please consider applying.
Summersalt champions diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Summersalt is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We hire the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, parental status, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are committed to fostering diversity across our organization. Please note that candidates will be asked to consent to a pre-employment background check. This will be conducted to ensure compliance with company policies and industry standards.