St. Louis, MO, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Summersalt is seeking a Sr. Patternmaker to join our rapidly growing team. As a Sr. Patternmaker, you will work in close collaboration with the Technical Design, Fashion Design and Product Development teams to bring new swim and apparel concepts to life. In addition, you will evaluate and confirm proper sizing, fit and construction by developing patterns and participating in fit sessions. This individual will also work externally with local and overseas partners to develop and approve production patterns, approve samples, track production and ensure on-time delivery.
Summersalt garments are smart solutions that transform the way our consumer travels. We are building the best team in the country working in rapid iterations from concept to sample to final production in six weeks. By selling directly to our customer, we cut out the middlemen to offer world-class design, performance, fit, and quality – all for a reasonable price.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Create and engineer patterns from sketches and designer/merchandiser information.
- Develop, update, and utilize our library of blocks and patterns to ensure standards are being met to support best fit and to expedite the production process.
- Collaborate with Design, Technical Design, Merchandising, Product Development and Quality Assurance teams to ensure design intent is achieved and commercially viable.
- Communicate and proactively solve pattern and construction issues with sample development and grading.
- Assist in all fit sessions with cross functional teams and speak to pattern and style adjustments driving speed in the development process.
- Collaborate with Design and Technical Design on fittings and make comments and adjustments to pattern revisions based on fit comments.
- Partner with vendors to develop, adjust and approve production patterns, analyze garment construction and issue graded patterns.
- Send production ready patterns and final specs to the factory and troubleshoot potential production issues (quality, consumption, cost, shrinkage, stretch, and grading)
- Oversee construction of sew-by samples and provide fabric yield and consumption.
- Provide marker, grading, pattern and sewing support to external factories.
- Work Location: St. Louis, MO 63105. Hybrid work Environment
- Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts or equivalent Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in the Apparel Industry including patternmaking and construction.
- Knowledge of garment construction and fitting skills.
- Sample making and sewing experience required.
- Working knowledge manufacturing methods and production timelines.
- Commitment to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Proficiency in Optitex (or similar pattern making software), Microsoft Excel, Word, Office, and Google Docs.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Centric PLM (or similar PLM system).
- Flexibility to thrive in a dynamic, extremely fast paced business environment and welcoming ever changing requirements even in late development to satisfy our customer.
- Demonstrate initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to commute/relocate to St. Louis, MO 63015. Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- We take ownership: We take tremendous pride in our work. We are undeterred, disciplined, and accountable when it comes to delivering on the needs of both our hardworking teammates and our customers. We know that success is not an accident.
- We’re collaborative: We champion diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions at Summersalt. We believe that the greatest success comes from a collaborative team effort.
- We’re resilient: Even when it gets hard, we keep calm, we learn from mistakes, and we always find a way to keep the Summersalt joy alive.
- We streamline efficiency: We have a passion for automation and improving efficiency whenever there’s an opportunity. Our business is one interconnected system that we can only scale effectively if operations are smartly streamlined.
- We move at warp speed: In order to keep up with the rapid pace of our growth and our competitors, we place immense value on quickly absorbing new information, skills, and responsibilities. Learning (really) fast and embracing unpredictability is a must.
Summersalt is a generation-defining apparel brand, providing wardrobe essentials for women who are going places. Summersalt launched in 2017 with swimwear made from recycled materials at a $95 price point — designer quality swimwear without the designer price tag. Since then, we’ve launched additional categories including loungewear, knitwear, sleepwear and activewear. Summersalt pieces are modern, sophisticated and fun, with an impeccable data-backed fit based on millions of measurements from over 10,000 women. In the few short years since our founding, Summersalt has built a loyal following of customers, influencers and celebrities, while garnering praise from leading fashion media including ELLE, Vogue and People.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a well-funded, close-knit team that is redefining the apparel and swimwear categories and at the forefront of e-commerce, design and brand innovation. Sustainability, inclusivity and diversity are core tenants of the brand, and we work hard to inspire joy through our products and every interaction with the customer. If you want to be a part of a diverse, hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and thoughtful people, please consider applying.
Summersalt champions diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Summersalt is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We hire the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, parental status, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are committed to fostering diversity across our organization.